Department Structure and Dynamics of Energy Materials
6th X-ray School at HZB (Lise-Meitner campus), 28 November - 02 December 2022
Thank you very much for your interest in the 6th X-ray School!
The school will introduce the participants in various X-ray diffraction and analysis methods to apply them in current projects. It is primarily intended for graduate students who are beginners in X-ray diffraction. The school will be held in person, so the number of participants is limited.
Topics of the X-ray School are:
- General introduction into crystallography and X-ray diffraction
- Crystallographic databases (ICDD-PDF 4+ and ICSD)
- Instrument introduction and training (powder and thin film diffraction)
- Pattern treatment and phase analysis
- Pattern simulation and fitting with Powder cell and Fullprof
- Thin film diffraction analysis
- X-ray diffraction at non-ambient conditions
--> For full school program please see the program webpage.
--> If you are interested in attending the 6th X-ray School please register here.
--> Please ensure that you are able to fully participate in each day of school!
Thank you and kind regards,
Michael Tovar, Susan Schorr, René Schwiddessen