Every supported experimentalist has to fill out the online reimbursement form. You will find the form in your GATE ACCOUNT in the 'After the beamtime' section. Please choose 'Travel reimbursement'. The signed print out of the completed reimbursement form must be sent back to the HZB User Office together with all original receipts, tickets, printout of e-tickets and boarding passes. Please note that photocopies or scans of receipts will not be accepted. In case of several executions per proposal (i.e. BAG proposal), please contact the HZB USER OFFICE.
- Travel and Subsistence Support has to be applied for in GATE prior to the beamtime
- The eligibility of support will be checked by the HZB User Office
- Special arrangements need to be discussed with the HZB User Office at least 3 weeks before beamtime
- Applications for reimbursement of travel expenses will not be processed if submitted later than 6 months after your stay at the HZB
- All claims have to be substantiated by means of original receipts
General Support Regulations
The travel and subsistence support is limited to:
- a maximum of two participants per beamtime
- a maximum refund per experimentalist of 400 Euros for beamtimes which last more than 48 hours
- a maximum refund per experimentalist of 200 Euros for shorter beamtime campaigns of less than 48 hours
- the period of the scheduled beamtime. Up to two additional days each for preparation of experiments and post beamtime activities can be supported.
No daily allowance will be granted. Taxi or rental car costs are not reimbursed, unless otherwise agreed upon in advance. For more detailed information please go to the section FUNDING ARRANGEMENTS.
Claims for travel reimbursement will only be processed after the FEEDBACK and the REPORT for the respective project have been submitted via GATE.
Travel & Subsistence Support
German University Users
HZB provides financial support for users affiliated with German universities under the following condition: the users participate in a beamtime related to an approved, external BESSY II proposal. German non-university research institutions do not qualify for financial support.
EU and EU associated Users
The funding programme by the European Commission (CALIPSOplus) has ended October 31, 2021 and at the moment there is no follow up programme. As a consequence HZB is no longer able to offer funding for users coming from EU countries (Exception: The Joint Research Group Macromolecular Crystallography provides funding for some MX beamtime campaigns. Please contact Dr. Manfred Weiss (firstname.lastname@example.org) to clarify the eligible criteria).
Users from non-EU countries
Proposals from countries outside the EU may receive EU travel support upon request and only to a certain extent. Eligible countries outside the EU are Africa, Central and South America, and some Asian countries.
Users from Russia
Groups from Russia working at the Russian-German beamlines may receive support within the framework of the Russian-German Laboratory (RGL) at BESSY II.