Department Microstructure and Residual Stress Analysis
Workshops & schools
- After 14 years of successful user operation EDDI will shutdown in August 2018. We decided to take this as an occasion to organize an EDDI (farewell) workshop which will take place on 14 December 2017 as a satellite meeting of the HZB user meeting. We are pleased that we succeeded in attracting prominent speakers from our faithful EDDI user community who will report about their scientific work and experiences gathered during their beamtime at our synchrotron beamline. We also would like to take the opportunity to discuss the future options to continue user service and scientific collaborations in the field of hard X-ray research at HZB.
- More information about the program can be found here.
The E3 residual stress and texture neutron diffractometer is involved in a number of teaching activities:
- Each year, the E3 participates in the Berlin School on Neutron Scattering, where students from all over the world will be introduced to the large variety of neutron scattering principles and techniques at the HZB with lectures but also with an emphasis on hands-on, practical experience using the instruments at BER-II research reactor.
- In 2012 the E3 was involved in the "Neutronenstreuung für Mineralogen" Neutron school. This was a four day intensive school looking at how one performs residual stress and texture experiments, from the alignment of a specimen to the final data analyses.
- Every year in February the E3 is open for a one-day site-visit of Dr. Thomas Link from the TU-Berlin and his students to learn about the possibilities on E3.
International ASAXS Workshop
- The first international workshop devoted to the method ASAXS focussing on theory, instrumentation and applications in different fields of physics, chemistry, biology, materials- and geo-sciences was organized by Dr. Armin Hoell. 60 participants from 10 different countries have met for 2 days to present and discuss applications, developments and theoretical approaches in the field of the anomalous scattering technique.
International Workshop on Industrial Research Using Synchrotron and Neutron Methods
- The department of microstructure and residual stress analysis was co-organizer of the "International Workshop on Industrial Research Using Synchrotron and Neutron Methods" as a satellite workshop to the 5th Joint BER II and BESSY II User Meeting on Dec. 3 2013.