BL14.1 specific information
Startup the NoMachine connection
Prerequisite to connect to our experimental infrastructure, is a successful connection to our Nomachine server foris.helmholtz-berlin.de using the rex_account credentials via the nomachine client software.
After an successful login, you should be able to select one of the possible machine connections :
NoMachine screen with BL14.1 computers
You can reach this menu either when creating a new connection or at any time during your session by pressing the keyboard combination Ctrl+Al+0 (Fn+Ctrl+0 or Ctrl+Option+0 on a Mac). Alternatively, during your session, you can reach out to the upper-right edge of your connection screen and click on the "rolling corner." In the menu, you need to select the display button. Please never select the check-box: "change the server resolution..." Select the "Fit to display" display option to map the remote screen to your local screen size and resolution.
NoMachine display settings
Select the "Change settings" icon in the bottom right screen and turn the "Quality" and "Resolution" slider to the right, in order to maximize the quality of the remote connection.
These settings are important to enable a good video quality of the zoom microscope to center your samples properly. Do not activate any click-box within this window.
NoMachine display quality settings
BL14.1 video streams
BL14.1 has several high definition video cameras. You can only connect from the HZB intranet to these cameras:
cam1.psf.bessy.de view of BL14.1 experimental hutch
cam141b.psf.bessy.de view to Pilatus cover
cam10.psf.bessy.de view of sample at MD2 goniometer
BL14.1 computer environment
At BL141, you can connect to these machines:
BL141 MXCuBE control:
MXCuBE control machine, dual monitor, login/out using your px-credentials
There is no dedicated connection within NoMachine anymore. The multi-core data processing machines hkl6 and hkl8 can be used to run , adxv, albula and xdsapp evaluations.
BL141 MD2 control:
MD2 control machine for beam location required.
Login credentials not required. Never logout from this machine!
BL141 MXCuBE Control
- Login to mxcube141 with your px-credentials
- Add the appropriate keyboard layout, in case you are not connected with an English layout keyboard
- Right-click open terminal windows
- Launch the control environment with <run_141> to start mxcube and adxv at once (alternative launch commands: <run_mxcube>, <run_adxv>)
- In another terminal window start <firefox> and connect to http://cam1.psf.bessy.de
- Close MXCuBE application
- Close ADXV application
- Close Firefox
- Logout of mxcube141
- Disconnect from the Nomachine session
BL141 MD2 Control
Upon connection, you will find a fully functional desktop environment, with the MD2 control application running. This application must run the hole time.
- Simply close the NoMAchine connection without any further action
Do not terminate the MD2 control program! Do not logout from the Linux desktop
- Login from mxcube141 to hkl6 or hkl8 using the aliases <hkl6> or <hkl8>
- Launch xdsapp with <xdsapp3> to start the processing gui
- Close all application
- Logout from hkl6 or hkl8