USER SERVICE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We would like to draw your kind attention to the following letter from our board of directors to all our BESSY II users: letter to our users
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good
- Re-scheduling or backlog is not possible
Due to the infection incidence in Berlin and the classification of Berlin as a risk area the following rules apply (PLEASE NOTE: These rules can be changed on short notice in accordance to the current pandemic situation)
(1) At present only national research groups and users from Germany are allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs.
(2) All international experiments scheduled until the end of calendar week 24 (June 20, 2021) are canceled. Staff assisted and remote executions are possible. Please go to remote access and contact your BL scientist.
(3) From calender week 26 (June 28, 2021) external users from EU and EU associated countries are allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs. PLEASE NOTE: External users from high incidence and virus variant areas (according to RKI definition) are still excluded.
(4) All access rules follow the entry restrictions issued by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI). Please check with the BMI prior to your trip to find out which regulations apply.
(5) Starting with April 1, 2021 all external users (regional, national and international research groups) must present a negative molecular biological PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 (NO rapid antigen and NO self testing) with the result being not older than 48 hrs when coming to HZB (48 hrs from the date of result, indicated on the test certificate). Please take this into consideration while preparing for your beamtime (Corona test facilities in Berlin).
(6) The test must be presented to the HZB User Office. If possible, please send it in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, the test must be presented to the security personal at the entrance of BESSY II. If you arrive outside working hours or on the weekend, please present the test on the next working day until 12:00 CET. Please note that we reserve the right to revoke the access right if a negative test is not presented in time.
(7) The relevant date for the validity is the day of arrival at HZB as registered in GATE (not the start date of the experiment) which must not be more than 2 days after the day of the test result.
(8) Fully vaccinated people do not need a negative test result. The complete vaccination (with a vaccine approved by the German Federal Government) must be proven before starting work at the HZB.