The instrument Diffraction is a 6-circle goniometer in psi-geometry. The sample is mounted on a motorized stage that allows movement in all directions. Two detectors are available: A scintillation detector (Cyberstar) and an area detector (Bruker Vantec 2000). 2Θ angles up to 140° are accessible with the area detector. The instrument is located at the KMC-2 beamline, which provides X-ray radiation with very stable energies in the range between 4 and 14 keV. This combination covers most scattering requirements.Anwendungsbeispiele:
- Rietveld analysis of the low-temperature phase transitions of metalorganic perovskite semiconductors
- Determination of cation distribution in sulfide semiconductors by anomalous powder diffraction and MEAD
- High-temperature evolution of lattice misfits in high-entropy alloys
- Structural analysis of gas adsorption into mesoporous metal–organic frameworks
- Tensile stress and cracking behavior of metallic bi-layers on polymer substrates from sin2ψ analysis
Reflectometry, Surface Diffraction, Single Crystal Diffraction, Powder Diffraction, Crystallography (material sciences), WAXS
depends on experiment - please discuss with Instrument Scientist
|Energy range||4 - 15 keV|
|Flux||dipole, 1e7 - 1e10|
|Focus size (hor. x vert.)||250 μm x 600 μm (4.8 μm x 4.8 μm with capillary optics; at XANES only, not available at Diffraction)|
|Phone||+49 30 8062 14623|
|Temperature range||20-1000 °C|
|Pressure range||Check text. For more details contact the station manager.|
|Detector||Scintillator, Area (Bruker Vantec 2000)|
|Manipulators||Huber 6-circle goniometer|
|Sample holder compatibility||Check text. For more details contact the station manager.|
Modular Sample Environment available at KMC-2 include:
- TMP-HTF-VAC-XRD , a custom-build Be-domed furnace with in-build turbopump for experiments up to 900 °C in ultra-high vacuum (10-6 mbar); this furnace is restricted to Θ-2Θ geometry.
- TMP_HTF_IG_XRD , Anton Paar DHS 1100 furnace for experiments up to 1100 °C in air, inert gas or vacuum (10-4 mbar) without limitations on the movement of the goniometer.
- TMP-CCR-HXR, closed cycle refrigerator for low-temperature experiments (15 - 450 K) and controlled gas loading up to 150 kPa.
- TMP-CJ-XRD, cryo-gas-jet for investigations of small samples at low temperatures (20 - 300 K) in controlled gas atmospheres up to 10 MPa.
- TMP-SGJ-XRD, capillary system for experiments with small sample volumes at high temperatures (240 - 850 K) and controlled atmospheres up to 10 MPa.
- Grazing incidence diffraction (GID)
- Reciprocal space mapping of single crystal Bragg reflections
- Diffuse scattering
- Powder diffraction
- Anomalous diffraction
Remote Access details
Yes. Both control stations of KMC-2 diffraction can be operated remotely using NoMachine. The beamshutter still has to be opened manually.