Welcome to the CCMS!
We run a series of ion- and electron microscopes that can be used for your projects either by yourself or by the corelab staff.
Getting access to the instruments of the CCMS
Scanning Electron Microscopes
Scanning Ion Microscopes
Transmission Electron Microscopes
Those webpages provide contact details for the instrument responsible persons, too. If you think that we can help you, contact the respective instrument scientist(s) and discuss your project. If you are not sure, whether we can help you, contact us more than ever. We will find out together.
Two roads to the machines:
- For projects where at least several days of instrument time are expected to be necessary.
- Informal feasibility check with instrument scientist(s) mandatory.
- New users can be trained on the project.
- No limits regarding the duration of the project.
- No limits regarding the number of sessions at an instrument.
- No limits regarding the number of project specific samples.
- Normal proposal effort.
- Proposals are reviewed
If you think that we can help you, please, contact the respective instrument scientist(s) and discuss your project. We will try our best to advise you. If the project appears feasable the instrument scientist will set up a proposal template for you. What follows is a
Three step proposal workflow:
- Proposal Status = "In Preparation"
- Fill out the proposal and submit it. You find your proposals (templates) with further information on the Your Proposals page.
- Proposal Status "Submitted"
- After submission, your proposal will be reviewed. Reviewing is done by (dis)approving the requested instruments. If all instruments have been reviewed your proposal reaches
- Proposal Status = "Reviewed"
- Now, you can proceed and the experimentator(s) declared in your proposal can reserve time on the approved instruments. If necessary, they can receive a training on the respective machine(s).