- Zwei neue Publikationen der Allianz BIPV unter Mitwirkung von BAIP die informieren: Checkliste Brandsicherheit + Technische BaubestimmungenDie Allianz für bauwerkintegrierte Photovoltaik (Allianz BIPV) hat zwei Publikationen zu den Themen Brandsicherheit und technische Baubestimmungen erarbeitet. Thorsten Kühn von unserem Beratungsbüro für bauwerkintegrierte Photovoltaik war maßgeblich an diesem Prozess beteiligt. [...]
- Berlin Science Week: Research Delivers – What is Slowing Down the Expansion of Solar Energy?Thanks to new technologies from research, solar power does not cost more than coal-based electricity; but why is the expansion simply not getting off the ground? [...]
- Virtual Chalcogenide PV Conference, May 2020 - Register now!Virtual Chalcogenide PV Conference 2020,
25th to 28th May 2020 [...]
- Working from home / 15.04 / Samira AdenMany colleagues are currently working in their home offices, exchanging information by telephone or video conferencing. Nevertheless, we all miss the opportunity to meet other colleagues in the hallway or in the kitchen. That's why we are shifting "kitchen conversations" to the digital. Today we introduce Samira Aden. She is an architect and works in the Consulting office for building-integrated Photovoltaics(BAIP) at HZB. [...]
- Seminarreihe für Architekten: Photovoltaik am GebäudeHinweis: Aus aktuellem Anlass wird die Veranstaltung nicht wie geplant stattfinden. Die Veranstalter bemühen sich aktuell darum, einen Alternativtermin zu finden!
Im April veranstaltet die Beratungsstelle für BIPV "BAIP" zusammen mit der Berliner Architektenkammer, Solar Age und der HTW Berlin eine Seminarreihe für Architekten zur Integration von Photovoltaik in Gebäudehüllen. [...]
- Reaching climate targets with building integrated PhotovoltaicsBy 2050, the building stock in Germany must be almost climate-neutral in order to achieve the climate targets - an ambitious goal. Especially in cities with multi-storey buildings, roof areas alone do not offer sufficient space to cover a significant portion of the electricity demand with photovoltaics. There is now a wide range of façade elements that generate photovoltaic electricity. So far, however, such building-integrated PV modules have rarely been installed. The Advisory Centre for Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BAIP) at HZB wants to change this:
- World record for tandem perovskite-CIGS solar cellA team headed by Prof. Steve Albrecht from the HZB will present a new world-record tandem solar cell at EU PVSEC, the world's largest international photovoltaic and solar energy conference and exhibition, in Marseille, France on September 11, 2019. This tandem solar cell combines the semiconducting materials perovskite and CIGS and achieves a certified efficiency of 23.26 per cent. One reason for this success lies in the cell’s intermediate layer of organic molecules: they self-organise to cover even rough semiconductor surfaces. Two patents have been filed for these layers. [...]
- Photovoltaics are growing faster than expected in the global energy systemDramatic cost reductions and the rapid expansion of production capacities make photovoltaics one of the most attractive technologies for a global energy turnaround. Not only the electricity sector, but also transport, heating, industry and chemical processes will in future be supplied primarily by solar power, because it is already the cheapest form of electricity generation in large parts of the world. This is where opportunities and challenges lie - at the level of the energy system as well as for research and industry. Leading international photovoltaic researchers from the Global Alliance for Solar Energy Research Institutes describe the cornerstones of future developments in an article published in the journal "Science" on 31 May. [...]
- Towards the Climate Neutral City: Independent consulting office for integrating photovoltaics into buildingsThe Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin is opening a national consulting office for integrating photovoltaics into buildings (BAIP) this spring. The consulting office will support building owners, architects, and municipal planners in activating building envelopes for power generation. The project is being funded by the Helmholtz Association over a period of four years as part of its knowledge transfer programme.
- Perovskite-silicon solar cell research collaboration hits 25.2% efficiencyA 1 cm2 perovskite silicon tandem solar cell achieves an independently certified efficiency of 25.2 %. This was presented this week at an international conference in Hawaii, USA. The cell was developed jointly by HZB, Oxford University and Oxford PV - The Perovskite CompanyTM. [...]
- Alliance Building Integrated Photovoltaics: Björn Rau joins Management BoardThe General Meeting of Alliance for Builiding Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) has unanimously elected physicist and photovoltaic expert Dr. Björn Rau, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, to the BIPV Management Board. [...]
- Oxford PV collaborates with HZB to move perovskite solar cells closer to commercialisationPerovskite solar technology leader Oxford PV collaborates with leading German research centre to support the accelerated transfer of its technology into silicon cell manufacturing lines. [...]
- PVcomB and AVANCIS launch joint MyCIGS research project in order to improve outdoor performance of thin film CIGS solar modulesThe Competence Centre Thin-Film- and Nanotechnology for Photovoltaics Berlin (PVcomB) is contributing its expertise to improving copper-indium-gallium-sulphide (CIGS) thin-film production in the MyCIGS collaborative research project. CIGS-module manufacturer AVANCIS in Munich is coordinating this project funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg (Oldenburg University) and Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) are also partners in the project. [...]
- Solar based hydrogen generation: EU-project PECSYS aiming for technological breakthroughDevelopment of demonstrators measuring up to ten square meters in area planned [...]