Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
At the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), we conduct research on complex systems of materials that contributes to dealing with challenges such as the energy transition. The HZB research portfolio includes solar cells, solar fuels, thermoelectric, and the materials with which you can construct new, energy-efficient information technologies such as spintronics. Research on these energy materials is closely connected with the operation and advanced development of the BESSY II photon source. And our research approach always concentrates on thin-film technologies. Find out more at this About us.
News and Press Releases
Current job opportunities
- Postdoc in electrocatalytic carbon dioxi...
- PostDoc Scientist (f/m) for Silicon Sola...
- ?PostDoc Scientist (f/m) in Physics
- 30.05.2017 IW-CIGSTech 8
- 31.05.2017 - 02.06.2017 Intersolar Europe 2017
- 13.06.2017 D-Lecture: Hydrogen and Ammonia as Energy Carriers and for Energy Storage - Progress and Perspectives
- 24.06.2017 Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften
- 05.07.2017 FallingWallsLab 2017
- 07.08.2017 - 17.08.2017 Hydrogen School 2017
- 28.08.2017 - 30.08.2017 Topical Workshop on Injection and Injection Systems
- 06.11.2017 - 07.11.2017 Focused Ion Beams in Berlin 2017