Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
At the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), we conduct research on complex systems of materials that contributes to dealing with challenges such as the energy transition. The HZB research portfolio includes solar cells, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, and materials for new, energy-efficient information technologies (spintronics) or electrochemical energy storage. Research on these energy materials is closely connected with the operation and advanced development of the BESSY II photon source. And our research approach always concentrates on thin-film technologies. Find out more at this About us.
News and Press Releases
Current job opportunities
- Instrument scientist (f/m) at the soft X...
- Physicist (m/f) for radiation protecti...
- Influence of carrier dynamics on the per...
- 02.09.2018 - 06.09.2018 SE 2018 - 10th International Workshop on Sample Environment at Scattering Facilities
- 07.12.2018 15 years of MX at BESSY II