In the course of the program, the doctoral researchers are expected to achieve about 30 credit points from two different categories.
Two categories according to the doctoral studies regulations area are:
- a scientific part and
- a competence-oriented part.
5 points should come from the competence-oriented part and 20-25 points from the scientific part.
Our credit point system corresponds to the standards of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Students may choose, e.g., 2 to 3 of the following lectures (4 credit points each):
- Quantum Field Theory and Many Body Physics 4+2 SWS (lectures + practicals)
- Theory of Quantum Magnetism 2+1 SWS
- Advanced Solid State Physics 4+2 SWS
- Spectroscopy with Synchrotron Radiation 2+2 SWS
- Semiconductor Physics 2+1 SWS
- Theoretical Solid State Physics 4+2 SWS
- Nanophysics 2+1 SWS
- Surface Science 2+1 SWS
- BCS Theory of Superconductivity 2+1 SWS
- Quantum Transport Theory 2+1 SWS
- Neutron Scattering 2+1 SWS
- Röntgenstrukturanalyse und ultraschnelle Dynamik 2+1 SWS
- Seminar or research colloquium talk Forschungskolloquium 1 CP
- Guest talk at another Institution 2 CPs
- Active participation at a conference/workshop up to 5 days 2 CPs
- Coadvisorship of a BSc. thesis 3 CPs
- Participation at a summer school 2 to 4 CPs
- Participation at the Neutron School 3 CPs
- Coadvisorship of an MSc. thesis6 CPs
- Supervision of tutorials (1 SWS) 2 CPs
- Participation on a PhD commission 0,5 CP
- Publications: 2 CPs for the paper + 1 CP if first author