Doctoral researchers that have recently started their doctorate at HZB are personally welcomed by the HZB Graduate Center.
During these online "welcome talks" we will explain the most important information for your time at HZB such as the HZB doctoral guidelines, qualification offers and events available to doctoral researchers at HZB.
New doctoral researchers are invited by the Graduate Center, but any doctoral researcher at HZB can join! Simply contact Dr. Nicole Schmid for an invitation.
Upcoming welcome talks:
- 25th of May 2022- 10:00 am
- 24rd of June 2022 - 10:00 am
- 19th of July 2022 - 10:00 am
- 26th of August 2022 - 9:00 am
- 29th of September 2022 - 10:00 am
- 25th of October 2022 - 10:00 am
Please register by sending an email to email@example.com. You will then receive a link for the online meeting.
The representatives of the doctoral researchers prepared a "Welcome booklet" for those starting their doctorate at HZB.
So if you are new to Germany, Berlin, or HZB, have a read through. It contains very helpful information and practical tips on how to settle in easily!
For any questions or comments, please contact the DocTeam (HZB doctoral researchers representation).
The HZB onboarding page also contains useful information for those new to HZB.
The buddy program connects new doctoral researchers with more experienced ones. The primary goal is to provide new HZB doctoral researchers orientation at the center, knowledge regarding HZB-specific processes and to facilitate networking at the center at an early stage.
Want to have a buddy, because you…
- …are new at HZB and are not yet familiar with the infrastructure of the campus?
- …wonder whether you know about all seminars, networks, etc. that could be interesting to you?
- …want to get in touch with fellow HZB doctoral researchers outside of your working group?
New doctoral researchers can contact the Graduate Center with the request to get a buddy. We will help you to find a good match!
Want to become someone's buddy, because you…
- …like helping others by e.g. saving them from unnecessary struggles with any sort of procedures or processes or getting lost on campus!
- …enjoy connecting with people and making new interesting networks and contacts!
- …have gained useful insights into the HZB world in general and are happy to share those!
Any experienced doctoral researcher can become a buddy!
If you are interested, please contact the Graduate Center. If you are part of one of the research schools, your engagement can count within the school’s credit point system.
Navigation main sections
- Welcome @HZB
- HZB Doctoral Guidelines
- Doctoral researchers portal
- Doctoral researchers @HZB - short profiles
- Scientific Board of the HZB Graduate Center
- Scientific trainings and seminars
- News, awards and events
- Further information and support
- HZB Research Schools
- Helmholtz International Research Schools
- Representation of doctoral researchers