Reconciling Career and Family at the HZB
The HZB regards itself as a family-friendly employer that supports its employees in the challenges of striking a balance between career and family. This family-friendly company culture was already officially certified in 2011 and again confirmed in 2015 following a three-year auditing phase by the berufundfamilie gGmbH - an initiative of the Gemeinnützigen Hertie-Stiftung.
The HZB supports his employees with Reconciling of Career and Family by offering:
- Flexible working time and electronic flexitime account
- Opportunity to reduce existing volume of over time by taking days off
- different Part-Time-plans
- Telework to support the childcare for children under the age of 18 or the caring of Family members in need of care
- Home Office in agreement with the supervisor, in cases where the nature of the work allows
- Family-friendly meeting times
- Consulting and Support by the Department of Personnel and Social Matters
- external support by the pme Family-Service
For detailed information about the measures at HZB please see the internal Websites for "Reconciling Career and Family / Privat life at HZB".